- ABOUT us
- CONNECT with your union
- KNOW your rights
- TAKE action
- MEMBER resources
August 7 Primary Election Results
August 7, 2012 Primary Election Topline Results
The Primary makes two things clear:
1. When we focus on important races like the Governor’s race, we can win. Despite that Primary elections always produce lower turnout with an older, wealthier, and generally more conservative voting base than the General election, Jay Inslee, our endorsed candidate for Governor won. He now goes into the November election with great momentum. This early win is in no small part due to the commitment and hard work members have already done on this race.
2. Another critical state wide race where we gained a lot of momentum in the Primary was Bob Ferguson’s campaign for Attorney General.
Despite these early successes we know that our work in this election is just beginning. Both Ferguson and Inslee are up against opponents who are funded by Wall Street banks, Walmart and other large corporations. Thank you to everyone who has already made commitments and helped in the Primary. More work will be needed as we look forward to November.
Other results that are positive include:
1. Stephen Gonzales, who we endorsed, wins the race for Supreme Court Justice.
2. Noel Frame, our endorsed candidate in the 36th LD (Seattle) advances to the general election against Gael Tarleton. This will look to be one of our top priorities for the general election.
3. Bud Sizemore, a union firefighter is virtually tied against his Republican opponent, who is one of the worst legislators in Olympia. Expect this to be another top priority in the general election.
On a Statewide level both Craig Pridemore for Auditor, and Greg Nickels for Secretary of State did not advance through their primaries. Also, Unfortunately two great union candidates Dusty Hoerler and Jeff Davis, who we worked hard for, did not advance onto the general election. While this is disappointing we look forward to helping them seek other offices in the future.